Country of Study
Get in touch with your future hosting university to prepare your mobility and collect experience from previous Neurasmus students through our Facebook group.
Student need to take care of accommodation as soon as possible to avoid difficulties upon arrival.
Unfortunately, the number of available rooms and apartments in university student houses is very limited. As a consequence, this type of accommodation may not be secured.
In order to improve their chances of obtaining accommodation via the International Offices, students are strongly advised to apply well in advance.Be careful, there are different application deadlines from one university to another.
International Offices may also recommend private student houses.
- The euro (EUR, €) is the official currency of the eurozone: 17 of the 27 member states of the European Union (EU). France, Germany, the Netherlands and Portugal are part of the eurozone. It is also the currency used by the EU institutions, and will be used by the EACEA for the delivery of scholarships.
- The Canadian dollar (CAN$) is Canada’s official currency, used in Québec. It differs from the American dollar (US$) and does not have the same monetary value.
The student him/herself is responsible for covering the following cost items :
- travels (EM scholarship-holders will receive a travel allowance, if applicable)
- passport, visa and residence permit,
- Public transportation, if applicable
- study materials (books…),
The following prices are merely indicative :
|On a monthly basis||Accommodation
|Amsterdam||500 – 700€||30 – 130€|
|Berlin||300 – 500€||55 – 135€|
|Bordeaux||300 – 600€||28 – 39€|
|Göttingen||300 – 500€||30 – 40€|
|Québec||400 – 800 C$||50 – 90 C$|
Public city transports
- GVB Amsterdam : http://www.gvb.nl
- BVG Berlin : http://www.bvg.de
- TBC Bordeaux : http://www.infotbc.com/
- GOEVB Göttingen : http://www.goevb.de/
- RTC Québec : http://www.rtcquebec.ca/
Airports and trains services
- Amsterdam airport : http://www.schiphol.nl/ Berlin airports : http://www.berlin-airport.de
- Bordeaux airport : http://www.bordeaux.aeroport.fr/
- Hannover airport : http://www.hannover-airport.de
- Frankfurt airport : http://www.frankfurt-airport.de
- SNCF, French Train Company : http://www.voyages-sncf.com/
- Deutsche Bahn, German Train Company : http://www.bahn.de/
- Comboios de Portugal, Portugese Train Company : http://www.cp.pt
- Nederlandse Spoorwegen, Dutch Train Company : http://www.ns.nl/
- Via Rail Canada, Canadian Train Company : http://www.viarail.ca
“Through my acceptance into the Neurasmus program, I was able to learn vital research and data analysis skills.”
“I joined Neurasmus in 2018, and my life and career have changed a lot since.”